Introducing myself - Torsten

Contributor

Hi everyone,

my name is Torsten and as a partner of Exasol we joined recently with my company "Alligator Company". We have been working with column based database already quite long - partnering in 2006 with Sand Analytics (I dont think they still exist, though) and later getting to know Exasol as well - first using it in a PoC for a customer (Gruhner&Jahr) in 2015. 

Other than that we are seven consultants working in DWH since 2002 having worked with ETL and BI Frontend for enterprises in telco, banking, insurance and retail. Since 2009 we are working with data vault and as of recently also with ELM and BEAM - trying to focus on business driven approaches to Data Warehousing and proper requirement setting.

Most currently we discovered DBT (getdbt.com) and like the idea behind Analytics Engineering. We introduced those ideas already successfully in our first customer project last year - until corona came.

Privately i do triathlon sports and jog with my dog, which gives me a good balance to the constant computer work.

Regards, Torsten

1 REPLY 1

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Torsten,

happy to have Alligator and your know how in the community. Looking forward to many replies and articles.
There is definetively a Triathlon and Biking group forming in this community.

Regards

exa-Chris

Connecting Customers, Partners, Prospects and Exasolians is my passion. Apart from that I cycle, listen to music, and try to understand what all those technical discussions really mean...