Hello from EXA_DaveS, currently in (semi-) retirement in the UK....

Contributor

Hi all, I thought I should join the new Exasol community to keep in touch with my many friends and ex-colleagues.. I worked for Exasol in the UK from 2012 until I retired last year - see picture below of me (front right) with a few Exasol friends at my retirement party in London. I'm now officially retired and enjoying a relaxed lifestyle which mainly involves playing music, cycling and chugging around English canals on my narrowboat. Retirement party, London 2019Retirement party, London 2019

I'm still doing occasional bits of database consultancy work when it fits with my schedule.. 

Looking forward to being able to meet up over a beer with my Exasol friends again once the current restrictions are over.

D.

6 REPLIES 6

Team Exasol
Team Exasol

Welcome back @EXA_DaveS  Hope you are doing well and I hope well will see us in person hopefully in the nearer future!

Contributor

Hi Thomas - all good here (apart from the lack of social events!)

Stay safe and we'll organise a get-together when all this craziness is over..

D.

Team Exasol
Team Exasol

Great to have you here, @EXA_DaveS !

Contributor

Hi Matze! Hope all is well with you... 

Let me know when you're going to be in the UK again!

D.

Team Exasol
Team Exasol

You cannot imagine how happy I am that I made it in Feb this year 😉

I think it will take some time until travel restrictions are eased. Will keep you posted!

Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks Dave joining us here, I hope to meet up soon again. Wouldn't mind a spin and a beer in the UK Hills. Keep Rolling

Connecting Customers, Partners, Prospects and Exasolians is my passion. Apart from that I cycle, listen to music, and try to understand what all those technical discussions really mean...