Hello Community - from Oldham UK

Contributor

Hi. I am a new starter to both Untied Utilities and the Data/IT industry. I previously worked as a Teacher of Mathematics at secondary schools but needed more flexibility so then worked in a call centre ( which paid more than the teaching job T_T ). I had the flexible working arrangement but not enough challenge or development of technical skills. So I jumped ship to Trainee Data Layer developer at United Utilities and now I am working at home until further notice... the other end of the work-life spectrum.

I honestly was very glad to hear that this community environment was created as I think it can be awkward to ask question on the specific course forums. I hope to learn more about the industry besides the multitude of awards that Exasol are collecting as seen in LinkedIn. ๐Ÿ™‚ 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Contributor

It's all about confidence. Instil them with confidence and they will be fine. Feel free to ask me about mathematics. I had recently been helping out friends relatives that were studying for their Secondary School qualification. The same applies for anyone is the Exasol community (not sure how I will help people from outside of England, different curriculum). ๐Ÿค”

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Thankx,

welcome to this community. Having a Teenager at home, I can see many more advantages NOT teaching mathematics to teenagers than just the flexiblity. I might need to ask for help if I can't remember how to multiply vectors... Looking forward to see many comments and questions from Oldham. ๐Ÿ˜

exa-Chris

Connecting Customers, Partners, Prospects and Exasolians is my passion. Apart from that I cycle, listen to music, and try to understand what all those technical discussions really mean...

Contributor

It's all about confidence. Instil them with confidence and they will be fine. Feel free to ask me about mathematics. I had recently been helping out friends relatives that were studying for their Secondary School qualification. The same applies for anyone is the Exasol community (not sure how I will help people from outside of England, different curriculum). ๐Ÿค”

View solution in original post

Welcome to the Exasol Community! I hope you'll find it at least as convenient as the former discussion forums we used in Exacademy ๐Ÿ™‚