exa-Eva says hi from London

Team Exasol
Team Exasol

Hi Exasol Community,

My turn to say hello and introduce myself.

My name is Eva Murray and I get to be Exasol's Technology Evangelist, sharing with the world what a fantastic product we have and telling them about our partner community and their skills, services and offerings. I've been with Exasol for almost 4 years now, having spent the first 3 years in HQ in Nuremberg 🇩🇪  before moving to London 🇬🇧  last summer and joining team GB.

Prior to Exasol I worked as a Tableau trainer and consultant for Tridant in Sydney 🇦🇺  and before that as a solution designer at Commonwealth Bank, also in Sydney (amazing place by the way, if you ever get the chance to visit...). And while I'm originally from the beautiful town of Bamberg in Germany, I also spent 8+ years in New Zealand 🇳🇿 before hopping across the ditch to Australia.

What I love about my role here at Exasol is that I get to work with a wide variety of people and that my work challenges and stimulates me every single day. 
My expertise is around data analysis, visualization and community building, but I'm also a keen writer for our blog and host a weekly webinar with my colleague Helena. It's called DataXpresso and delivers a mix of business, market and technical topics right to the comfort of your home office while you enjoy your afternoon coffee, tea, cookie, cake, etc.

Outside of work and away from the screen I'm a keen and ambitious but averagely talented amateur triathlete, and because I'm a data person I am also one of those people that will just do two extra laps around the block to hit the weekly or monthly mileage goal on Strava. I do all of this so I can eat a lot of food, because I LOVE cooking and baking and yes, I am one of those lockdown sourdough newbies, with pretty good results though 😀. 

I hope that I will get to meet many of you through this online community, so please don't hesitate to leave a short reply and share your favorite food or adventure below 🙂

3 REPLIES 3

Community Manager
Community Manager

I feel it's a disservice to talk about your baking and cooking without posting a single picture @exa-Eva 😉

Sports Enthusiast. Database Guy. Member of Team Exasol.
Having trouble? Just let me know!

Please Give Kudos if you find this post useful and also mark this as Accepted Solution if this is the required solution

Team Exasol
Team Exasol

well, I was hoping you'd ask that.... as it happens, I do have some pictures quite readily available 😁

193656D7-D4FE-4A26-9910-0AB6C20D038C.JPG

Homemade soft pretzels (because I live too far away from German bakeries)

BD960ACA-F13E-4F34-A791-1AAC0AA8C253.JPG

Sourdough 

82A5753C-3005-4158-8612-E833A69C1879.JPG

Homemade donuts. These were sinful

IMG_7401.JPG

Sushi and gyoza feast (thankfully my quarantine bubble includes a handful of people, so I can share this stuff)

IMG_7426.JPG

A fried avocado taco

    

Community Manager
Community Manager

And now I am hungry...

Connecting Customers, Partners, Prospects and Exasolians is my passion. Apart from that I cycle, listen to music, and try to understand what all those technical discussions really mean...