cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM error: Internal error: VM crashed when executing Java UDF Script

ako
Padawan

Hi Exasol-Community,

I just upgraded from 7.0.8 and using the Exasol Docker Community Edition version 7.1.6 with 10GB disk and memory size. First I thought it could be a resource issue, but monitoring logs show that not even 5GB memory of disk is used. I get the error when I execute following snippet. When I execute it on 7.0.8 there are no issues

CREATE JAVA SET SCRIPT "KAFKA_CONSUMER" (...) EMITS (...) AS
%scriptclass com.exasol.cloudetl.kafka.KafkaConsumerQueryGenerator;
%jar /buckets/bfsdefault/default/exasol-kafka-connector-extension-1.4.0.jar;
%jvmoption -Djavax.net.ssl.trustStore=/buckets/bfsdefault/default/truststore.jks -Djavax.net.ssl.trustStorePassword=XXXXX;

3 REPLIES 3

exa-Torsten
Team Exasol
Team Exasol

Hi, can you set up the Script Output Redirection, then we might see the Error Message.

https://docs.exasol.com/db/latest/database_concepts/udf_scripts/debug_udf_script_output.htm

sti0
Padawan

I noticed the same problem with Python scripts running 7.1.7 or 7.1.8. Its simple to reproduce. Start from scratch and try to run a UDF script on that new docker instance. The VM crashes after one minute.

> SQL-Fehler [22002]: VM error: Internal error: VM crashed (Session: 1728562387168002048)

This won't happen on 7.0.x and the same scripts work on Exasol Cluster 7.1.8. There must be something corrupt within the Docker image.

exa-Torsten
Team Exasol
Team Exasol

@sti0 is this only freshly started docker instances? Because, the bucketfs of the docker-db needs a few minutes  in 7.1 to extract the language container. If you start a UDF without the language container completely extracted, you can get all sorts of errors.