Unallowed type combination in tupel error when using DATE type with the VALUES constructor

lukaseder
SQL-Fighter

I'm using Exasol 7.0.7

This query produces an error:

SELECT * FROM VALUES (DATE '2017-01-01'), (NULL);

The error being:

SQL Error [F49E1]: Unallowed type combination in tupel (Session: 1693304236945178624)

Other data types seem to be fine, only DATE and TIMESTAMP seem to be affected. E.g. these work:

SELECT * FROM VALUES (1), (NULL);
SELECT * FROM VALUES (1.1), (NULL);
SELECT * FROM VALUES ('a'), (NULL);
SELECT * FROM VALUES (TRUE), (NULL);

Which leads to me thinking this is more of a bug than a missing feature.

Using UNION ALL works for DATE and TIMESTAMP types as well, both as a standalone query and as a derived table:

SELECT DATE '2017-01-01' UNION ALL SELECT NULL;
SELECT * FROM (SELECT DATE '2017-01-01' UNION ALL SELECT NULL);

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

exa-SimonR
Team Exasol
Team Exasol

Hi Lukas,

thanks once again for the report. We already know about this issue and there is some work going on in that area. The fix requires some larger internal changes. This means that it's very unlikely to be fixed in a 6.2.x or 7.0.x release. But I hope to have it fixed in 7.1. This issue is fixed in the upcoming 7.1 release.

Cheers,

Simon

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

exa-SimonR
Team Exasol
Team Exasol

Hi Lukas,

thanks once again for the report. We already know about this issue and there is some work going on in that area. The fix requires some larger internal changes. This means that it's very unlikely to be fixed in a 6.2.x or 7.0.x release. But I hope to have it fixed in 7.1. This issue is fixed in the upcoming 7.1 release.

Cheers,

Simon

View solution in original post

lukaseder
SQL-Fighter

Thanks for the feedback Simon. That's great to know! I'm not in a hurry to have this fixed at all, but it's good to know that I don't have to work around it.