Unable to connect to Exasol using Connection String from Java & JDBC

saurabh007
Padawan

Hi,

I am using the JDBC 7.1.0

When i am passing the connection string 

con=DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:exa:host/fingerprint:8563;schema=EXA","userid","password");

its throwing an error as " java.sql.SQLInvalidAuthorizationSpecException: Connection exception - Client connection must be encrypted "

Not sure how to pass the encryption method .....please help

5 REPLIES 5

exa-Chris
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Saurabh,

sorry for the delay so far, I will have someone answering this here and reach out to you in the same time.

Rgds

Christian

Connecting Customers, Partners, Prospects and Exasolians is my passion. Apart from that I cycle, listen to music, and try to understand what all those technical discussions really mean...

exa-Danilo
Team Exasol
Team Exasol

Hello Saurabh, 

we were not yet able to reproduce your error. Could you give us some more details about your environment?

• What is your database version? 
  • Did you use a custom TLS certificate?
  • Are there any database parameters set? 

Kind Regards, 

Danilo

saurabh007
Padawan

Hi Danilo,

Thanks i got the solution.Had to use a lower version of JDBC and it worked.

Regards,

Saurabh

mwellbro
Xpert

Hi @saurabh007 ,

great that you worked it out ! Just cause I´m curious; you said you were using a 7.1.0 driver ?
Which DB version was it that did not work with it and which driver version did you revert to so that it does work ?

Cheers,
Malte

exa-Danilo
Team Exasol
Team Exasol

Hello again, 

we were able to reproduce the bug by using a DB instance 7.0.5, JDBC driver 7.1.2 and the DB parameter -forceProtocolEncryption=1. We identified a bug for backwards compatibility which will be fixed in the upcoming versions.

As a workaround we used the following jdbc parameter legacyencryption=1.

Thank you for your contribution to the community and the product! 

Regards, 
Danilo