ronaldvr
SQL-Fighter
  • BI
5 REPLIES 5

exa-Pieterjan
Team Exasol
Team Exasol

Hi,

I succeeded in reproducing your problem and succeeded in solving it in the following way:

The first thing you'll need to do is update the ODBC-drivers to the latest version (7.1 or 7.1.1) by uninstalling the older ODBC drivers and then reinstalling the newer 7.1.1 ones..

Then, the connection string I used to succesfully connect via PowerBI was in the form of

192.168.56.117/E625D0BDD8A975CBC7001B842EAEFB56CDCC664459AE21BFAFCA13D9495D4D77:8563

so hostname / fingerprint : port

exaPieterjan_1-1634660842586.png

exaPieterjan_0-1634660334821.png

This is how it looks for me.

Hope that helps.

HannsExa
Padawan

Hi, yes this helps for new connection & reports with Power BI. But it does not work with existing Power BI Reports, it seams that the existing reports can connect to the database but all queries are gone. Do you have any experience on this? 
Thanks, Hanns

exa-Pieterjan
Team Exasol
Team Exasol

Hi Hanns, from the information that you gave me I would try to edit the queries in your reports using the Advanced Editor in the Power Query Editor.

exaPieterjan_0-1639137593266.png

Then you can just change the connection string of the existing query, like so :

I added a fingerprint here.

It will probably ask you to enter credentials again as well.

exaPieterjan_1-1639137810618.png

I think that's the best way to do it. Hope that helps you.

HannsExa
Padawan

Yes, thanks, but it must be done for each report. But another thing is, that the Gatewaycluster does not accept this connection string. We still try to find a solution for the Gateway. 

exa-Pieterjan
Team Exasol
Team Exasol

You will probably also have to update the Exasol ODBC driver(s) on the gateway if you haven't done so yet.