Possible to connect QGIS (GEOspatial software) to Exasol?

IngoM2
Contributor

Hi,

has anyone experience with connecting the software QGIS to Exasol? QGIS is a "A Free and Open Source Geographic Information System to Create, edit, visualise, analyse and publish geospatial information on Windows, Mac, Linux, BSD and mobile devices"

From the documentation it supports connections to:

• GeoPackage

• SpatiaLite

• PostGIS

• MSSQL

• Oracle

• DB2

• SAP HANA

• WMS/WMTS

• Vector Tiles

• XYZ Tiles

• WCS

• WFS/OGC API-Features

• OWS

• Map Service

• ArcGIS Feature Service

• GeoNode

Source: https://docs.qgis.org/testing/en/docs/user_manual/managing_data_source/opening_data.html#the-browser...

No Exasol 😢

I am not very familiar with QGIS, but it also doesn't look like there is the option to use a Generic JDBC connection either. 

So my question is: Has anyone successfully got QGIS to work on top of Exasol (or can point me into a direction that could help me)?  

Thanks, Ingo

5 REPLIES 5

exa-MathiasHo
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @IngoM2,

Did the user group help you or how did you move forward with this topic? Again, if you feel you need a new feature or improvement, please create an idea in our ideas section like @exa-Chris mentioned. 🙂

exa-Chris
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @IngoM2 , may be you could also launch an Idea on the connection with QGIS in the Ideas Section?
https://community.exasol.com/t5/ideas/idb-p/Idea this way we can track it with our PMs and collect more information on the topic.

Thanks

Christian

Connecting Customers, Partners, Prospects and Exasolians is my passion. Apart from that I cycle, listen to music, and try to understand what all those technical discussions really mean...

johannes
Padawan
Hi,
I tried out QGIS a few years ago, but as it did not work immediately with Exasol, and as I found out that DBeaver has a nice map visualization for geodata, I did not further investigate in working with QGIS.

exa-Chris
Community Manager
Community Manager

As @johannes runs a Usergroup on the topic of Geospatial in Combination with Exasol this week, I would pick his brain to see if he has seen this being done. Or may be @borutrozac who I have seen playing with maps as well 😉

Thank you for support or pointing us in the right direction

Connecting Customers, Partners, Prospects and Exasolians is my passion. Apart from that I cycle, listen to music, and try to understand what all those technical discussions really mean...

IngoM2
Contributor
Thank you - will check out the UG session on Thursday.