ODBC SSO drivers

zgrzendekc
Padawan

Hello,

I am a new Exasol user and I would like to know if it provides a driver managing SSO via ODBC.

My goal is to provide an SSO access from TABLEAU to EXASOL using windows AD all way through.

I know EXASOL can be configured using Kerberos but not sure a standard driver can be used and be integrated in most common dashboarding clients.

Thanks !

Christophe Z.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

exa-ThomasB
Team Exasol
Team Exasol

Dear Christophe, 

the currently shipped connector with Tableau doesn't support SSO via Kerberos. 
We are currently working on a new Tableau connector which has this functionality. 
If you want details please contact me in a PM. 
One possible workaround is to use IMPERSONATION in the inital SQL statements ( https://docs.exasol.com/sql/impersonate.htm  )

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

exa-Chris
Community Manager
Community Manager

Salut Christophe, let me check that with our Support. We will be back ASAP Christian

Connecting Customers, Partners, Prospects and Exasolians is my passion. Apart from that I cycle, listen to music, and try to understand what all those technical discussions really mean...

exa-ThomasB
Team Exasol
Team Exasol

Dear Christophe, 

the currently shipped connector with Tableau doesn't support SSO via Kerberos. 
We are currently working on a new Tableau connector which has this functionality. 
If you want details please contact me in a PM. 
One possible workaround is to use IMPERSONATION in the inital SQL statements ( https://docs.exasol.com/sql/impersonate.htm  )

View solution in original post

zgrzendekc
Padawan

Hello dear,

Thanks a lot for that quick answer.

In a time a of more and more constraints on data and regulations, it is important to trace who's able to see what end to end.

Considering ability to design ELT processes, EXASOL seems a very good candidate for that (+ data lineage) and SSO all way long seems to be the last missing piece ;-). I will get a look to proposed work around, thanks again for the lead 🙂

drumcircle
Rising Star

What about Open ID connect?