cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ODBC SSO drivers

zgrzendekc
Contributor

Hello,

I am a new Exasol user and I would like to know if it provides a driver managing SSO via ODBC.

My goal is to provide an SSO access from TABLEAU to EXASOL using windows AD all way through.

I know EXASOL can be configured using Kerberos but not sure a standard driver can be used and be integrated in most common dashboarding clients.

Thanks !

Christophe Z.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

exa-ThomasB
Team Exasol
Team Exasol

Dear Christophe, 

the currently shipped connector with Tableau doesn't support SSO via Kerberos. 
We are currently working on a new Tableau connector which has this functionality. 
If you want details please contact me in a PM. 
One possible workaround is to use IMPERSONATION in the inital SQL statements ( https://docs.exasol.com/sql/impersonate.htm  )

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

exa-Chris
Exasol Alumni

Salut Christophe, let me check that with our Support. We will be back ASAP Christian

exa-ThomasB
Team Exasol
Team Exasol

Dear Christophe, 

the currently shipped connector with Tableau doesn't support SSO via Kerberos. 
We are currently working on a new Tableau connector which has this functionality. 
If you want details please contact me in a PM. 
One possible workaround is to use IMPERSONATION in the inital SQL statements ( https://docs.exasol.com/sql/impersonate.htm  )

zgrzendekc
Contributor

Hello dear,

Thanks a lot for that quick answer.

In a time a of more and more constraints on data and regulations, it is important to trace who's able to see what end to end.

Considering ability to design ELT processes, EXASOL seems a very good candidate for that (+ data lineage) and SSO all way long seems to be the last missing piece ;-). I will get a look to proposed work around, thanks again for the lead 🙂

drumcircle
Rising Star

What about Open ID connect?