Not able to connect to Exasol from Informatica

ManniD
Padawan

I am trying to connect to Exasol database from Informatica where I want to do some read and write operations but getting below error when running the session. I have added driver details in ODBC Data Source Administrator.

Error:
Message Code: CMN_1022 Message: Database driver error... CMN_1022 [ [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified Database driver error... Function Name : Connect Database driver error... Function Name : Connect Database Error: Failed to connect to database using user [sys] and connection string [192.168.XX.XXX:8563].]

Please let me know if any additional information is required.

Attached are screenshot of USER DSN and SYS DSN entries. I tested the connection and showed successful.

2 REPLIES 2

exa-Carsten

Hi @ManniD

I see from the screenshots you shared that you configured the DSNs for the 32bit architecture. On possible cause could be that Informatica is actually a 64bit application and hence cannot access the 32bit DSNs. You'll have to configure the 64bit DSNs - see also ODBC Driver for Windows | Exasol Documentation

mwellbro
Xpert

Hi ManniD,

as exa-Carsten pointed out, for the powercenter server you´ll need a 64bit SYSTEM DSN ( User DSNs won´t be "seen" by informatica if I remember correctly ).

Be aware that you´ll need the 32bit variety of the driver on the client side of things when importing source/targets.

And by the way: if you´re dealing with UTF-8 / unicode data, you´ll want to add the following to the "Additional connection string paramters" under the Advanced tab in the ODBC admin:

AnsiArgEncoding=CP_UTF8;AnsiDataEncoding=CP_UTF8;UnicodeArgEncoding=CP_UTF8;UnicodeDataEncoding=CP_UTF8

Otherwise some unicode chars will end up mangled in powercenter ( check https://www.exasol.com/support/si/jira.issueviews:issue-html/SOL-34/SOL-34.html ... man, now I´m feeling old 😉 ).

Cheers,
Malte