Is it possible to upgrade Community edition 6.2 to 7.0 on Google Cloud

Contributor

In order to test new functionality I would like to upgrade the 6.2 edition available on Google Cloud to version 7. Is this possible? Or could you give a time frame as to when version 7 will be the version being installed on the BYOL version of Exason on GCP?

I can't seem to find the upgrade download package, since otherwise I would just try spinning up a new server and upgrading it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Xpert

Hi there,

the download package for 7.0.2 would be here https://www.exasol.com/portal/display/DOWNLOAD/Version+7.0.2 ( remember to sign in or else you won´t see it ).

Don´t know if Exa is already supporting the upgrade on GCP on this path, but since it´s an application update and not an OS-one it could work...

When in doubt ( and in the cloud ) -> try it out 😉

Cheers,
Malte

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jesper,

you need partner or customer access to download those packages. Please send me an e-Mail or DM to get you sorted out for a test.

Rgds

exa-Chris

P.S: I also will nudge operation to have an answer here

Connecting Customers, Partners, Prospects and Exasolians is my passion. Apart from that I cycle, listen to music, and try to understand what all those technical discussions really mean...

Contributor

Thanks Chris,

I am sure this is why I cannot see the download link.

We are a startup, still developing, so in order to keep our burn rate in control, we won't beceome a paying customer until we go into production.

Would be nice though to be able to keep up with the new versions of Exasol, as we use data vault modelling, and convert JSON-data from REST-services into relational data. We use the Python UDF from the docs, but would prefer converting to a built in function, since the Python function doesn't quite get the job done.

I know that Google is not the top priority among the cloud offerings, so therefore I was hoping to be able to do the upgrade myself.

Jesper

Xpert

Hi there,

the download package for 7.0.2 would be here https://www.exasol.com/portal/display/DOWNLOAD/Version+7.0.2 ( remember to sign in or else you won´t see it ).

Don´t know if Exa is already supporting the upgrade on GCP on this path, but since it´s an application update and not an OS-one it could work...

When in doubt ( and in the cloud ) -> try it out 😉

Cheers,
Malte

View solution in original post