Installation of the Community version of Exasol

gilberto_costa
Padawan

I'm trying to download the co-community version of Exasol and I can't. After a few minutes, download a small file called ConfirmLicenseAgreement.jspa and nothing more. Could someone help me with this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

exa-MathiasHo
Community Manager
Community Manager

For everybody else who might see this topic... You can find a detailed step-by-step guide in our documentation (with video) about how to install the community editionhttps://docs.exasol.com/get_started/communityedition.htm 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

exa-MathiasHo
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @gilberto_costa,

We were not able to reproduce this behavior. It seems like this was a temporary issue for you? 

If you still have problems, please let us know. We hope, you were able to make use of the community edition!

exa-MathiasHo
Community Manager
Community Manager

For everybody else who might see this topic... You can find a detailed step-by-step guide in our documentation (with video) about how to install the community editionhttps://docs.exasol.com/get_started/communityedition.htm 

View solution in original post

exa-StefanR
Team Exasol
Team Exasol

Hi Gilberto,

from our server-side logs we can see you tried multiple times and each time our system sent out quite a few megabytes before a Socket Timeout occurred.

Please try a different Browser and possibly verify network / firewall settings.

gilberto_costa
Padawan

Hi Stefan,
Thanks for answering. The download speed of the .OVA file from the Exasol website is only 28 KB / second. Therefore, the download completion forecast is more than 1 day according to the screen below:

gilberto_costa_0-1607247621324.png

To test the speed, I downloaded another file from my Google Drive. See the speed difference. In this download the speed goes to 12.5 MB / second and in less than 1 minute it downloads a 385 MB file:

gilberto_costa_1-1607247670428.png

Looking at these numbers, there seems to be a problem with the speed of the Exasol download site.

ecoh_dr
Contributor

Hi @gilberto_costa. Are you tring to download the .iso or the .ova version?

gilberto_costa
Padawan

Hi ecoh_dr, 

Thanks for answering. I'm trying to download the .OVA version.

exa-Johannes
Team Exasol
Team Exasol

Hi Gilberto,

Thanks for reaching out.

After confirming your e-mail address (if you register via "test it now" on exasol.com), you currently get an e-mail with link. Please open that link in a browser and it will display the License for the community edition (maybe you downloaded that link directly and it therefore just stored the license page on your laptop?). After accepting the license (see screenshot below), you'll get to a new page, where you can select your preferred Exasol version and if you want to download an ISO (for e.g. installing it on a server) or OVA (for virtualised environment) file.

exa-Johannes_0-1607075709006.png

The final download page looks similar to this:

exa-Johannes_1-1607075818110.png

Hope this is helpful. In case you still can't download it, please let me know and I can share the file with you in a different way.

gilberto_costa
Padawan

Hi Johannes,

Thanks for answering.
I am following exactly the path you have indicated since the first attempt. The problem seems to be the download response time from Exasol's website, which is only 28 KB / second. By downloading any file from my Google Drive, the speed goes up to 12.5 MB / second. See the screens in may response to Stefan.
Yes, I appreciate if you could share the file with me in another way.