Install open-vm-tools on Exasol 6.2.6 node

Contributor

I am trying to install open-vm-tools on a Exasol 6.2.6 node (community edition installed via ISO) hosted on a VMware ESXI hostsystem.

I followed this guideline: https://www.exasol.com/support/browse/SOL-424

Running the following command  via RPC is not working:

s.callPlugin("Administration.Open-vm-tools-10.2.5-1.0.1", "n10", "INSTALL")

Error:

"Plugin 'Administration.Open-vm-tools-10.3.1-1.0.1' is not installed."

I can't find the correct plugin name to complete the install.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thank you very much,

David

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Contributor

Exa-support provided me with the file and the installation went fine. Thank you very much.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Xpert

Hi again,

just one more thing: what was the file hash of the .pkg you submitted to ExaOperation ?

In the past I´ve seen some problems with the integration and we needed to acquire a different version of the plugin than what we would have expected ( EXA-Support provided us the necessary pkg ).

Just so I can see we´re on the same code base:

PS H:\> Get-FileHash 'C:\temp\Plugin.Administration.Open-vm-tools-10.2.5-1.0.1-2019-06-28.pkg' -Algorithm MD5

Algorithm Hash Path
--------- ---- ----
MD5 AE7257BF11510E480C33BDFDD040470C C:\temp\Plugin.Administration.Open-vm-tools-10.2.5-1.0.1-2019-06-28.pkg

Contributor

Hi Malte,

thank you very much for your help.

1. The version number in the error message does match. I copied the wrong error message.

pprint.pprint(s.showPluginFunctions('Administration.Open-vm-tools-10.2.5-1.0.1'))

Plugin Administration.Open-vm-tools-10.2.5-1.0.1 is not installed.

2. The guideline states "If using Exasol 6.1 or higher, you can skip step 1, as the package is already installed by default.". This indicates that no uploading of any packages is required for Exasol 6.2. But the package does not seem to be preinstalled.

So i will try to contact Exa-Support to provide me with the file "Plugin.Administration.Open-vm-tools-10.2.5-1.0.1-2019-06-28.pkg" for the Exasol Community Edition.

Best,
David

Contributor

Exa-support provided me with the file and the installation went fine. Thank you very much.

View solution in original post

Xpert

Exa-llent ;)

Xpert

Hi David,

does 

pprint.pprint(s.showPluginFunctions('Administration.Open-vm-tools-10.2.5-1.0.1'))

yield anything ? I find it odd that the version numbers from the error do not match those that you are trying to install...

Cheers
Malte