Increase Exasol session count limit

Contributor

How can i increase the Exasol 6.2 session count limit of 30 total open sessions (EXA_ALL_SESSIONS)?

Thank you very much,

David

7 REPLIES 7

Contributor

Is it possible to increase the parameter sys.EXA_METADATA => maxConnections?

Contributor

Not sure what you're trying to achieve or why 30 is your limit. Maybe you can elaborate?

Have you read the article about Session Management? https://docs.exasol.com/database_concepts/session_management.htm

Contributor

Yes, i did read the article. Exasol is rejecting new sessions, if there are more than 30 open sessions (Error message: "exacs(3.0): Limit of active sessions has been reached."). I need more open sessions for a cluster computing setup.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Dear Rango,
your question puzzles me a little bit. In your last question you where asking about a Single Node VM Ware installation and now you are looking for a cluster setup. Can you DM me to see where the problem is? A Community Edition is not intended to work in a cluster. Let us help you there.
Regards
Christian

Contributor

30 somehow rings a bell, but I don't remember what it exactly was. Probably the maximum recommended number of active sessions. But this shouldn't be a hard limit.

What's the result of this query in your system?

SELECT * FROM sys.EXA_METADATA em
WHERE PARAM_NAME IN ('maxConnections','maxStatements');

Contributor

@kristof 

maxStatements 100 true
maxConnections 100 true

@exa-Chris 

It is just a single exasol node and more than 50 python script instances are trying to connect to it. If they do, they hit the error "Limit of active sessions has been reached."

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rango,
I will let someone reach out to you as quick as possible. But to put it in the words of a wiser man. May be:

Weisser Hai.jpg

Regards
exa-Chris