How to use UDFs without actually writing one

exa-Franz
Team Exasol
Team Exasol

This is about hijacking the JSON functions in Exasol 😉

Assume you have a comma-separated list of values and want to unnest them.

What do you think of this, let me know.

with tmp as (values('1,2,3'),('4,5,6') as t(x))
SELECT 
    JSON_EXTRACT( 
'['||x||']'
'$#'
) EMITS(i INT) from tmp;

Have a good weekend everybody!

4 REPLIES 4

exa-Chris
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thats a good Idea, and with such Xperts like Malte and you. Its not only about the NEW things. Its more about the little things you do everyday, that a new starter would not know about.

Connecting Customers, Partners, Prospects and Exasolians is my passion. Apart from that I cycle, listen to music, and try to understand what all those technical discussions really mean...

exa-Chris
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you @exa-Franz can we turn this in a category? Friday Tips by Franz and Friends? 

exaChris_0-1630067225739.png

Connecting Customers, Partners, Prospects and Exasolians is my passion. Apart from that I cycle, listen to music, and try to understand what all those technical discussions really mean...

exa-Franz
Team Exasol
Team Exasol

I also recommend a different name 😉

@exa-MathiasHo once created that post https://community.exasol.com/t5/discussion-forum/what-s-the-best-query-trick-you-are-using/m-p/3541

Maybe you could call a potential series "neat little tricks" or something like that. Or community members just create a post once they find something interesting, doesn't happen every Friday, at least not to me 😉

Good start into the week everyone...

mwellbro
Xpert

Please don´t call it "Franz and Friends"....kind of reminds me of a TV format I´m not particularly fond of 😜

Have a great weekend y´all , and thanks for the info @exa-Franz !