Hide EXA_STATISTICS and SYS schemas

drumcircle
Rising Star

Building a multi-tenant app and have disabled public access to schemas per docs.

revoke use any schema from public;

Why is it then that I can still see EXA_STATISTICS and SYS schemas?  This will be confusing for my end-users.  Can they be suppressed as well?

drumcircle_0-1608051335556.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

exa-Nico
Community Manager
Community Manager

Every user is able to access the system schemas because they are able to see at least a subset of the data there (such as their user information, sessions, tables that contain EXA_ALL_. So I don't think it's possible to hide them completely. Many database browsers will put them in a separate category (for example DBVisualizer puts it under "System Schemas" instead of just "Schemas"), but I'm not if it is possible to do this in Tableau. 

Sports Enthusiast. Database Guy. Member of Team Exasol.
Having trouble? Just let me know!

Please Give Kudos if you find this post useful and also mark this as Accepted Solution if this is the required solution

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

skarangi
SQL-Fighter

Which version of exasol are you using? I think that might be the reason.  Please see the release notes of 6.2 version

Hide inaccessible schemas
Starting with Exasol version 6.2, a user can only access a schema or virtual schema if the user is owner or if the user has an object or system privilege.

drumcircle
Rising Star

I'm using 7.x latest AMI.

The user has one single system privilege: CREATE SESSION

No roles, no owned schemas... just...

GRANT USAGE ON  “VSX” TO "USERX"

GRANT SELECT ON  "VSX" TO "USERX"

exa-Nico
Community Manager
Community Manager

Every user is able to access the system schemas because they are able to see at least a subset of the data there (such as their user information, sessions, tables that contain EXA_ALL_. So I don't think it's possible to hide them completely. Many database browsers will put them in a separate category (for example DBVisualizer puts it under "System Schemas" instead of just "Schemas"), but I'm not if it is possible to do this in Tableau. 

Sports Enthusiast. Database Guy. Member of Team Exasol.
Having trouble? Just let me know!

Please Give Kudos if you find this post useful and also mark this as Accepted Solution if this is the required solution

View solution in original post