GRANT privileges ON Folder Digrams

SQL-Fighter

Hi guys,

How can I grant privileges for roles on folders like "Diagrams"?

Moritz_0-1598006960798.png

Any help would be much appreciated!

Best

Moritz

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Xpert

You can't. This is nothing in Exasol but in DBeaver.

The ER Diagrams are simple files in the %APPDATA%\DBeaver\DBeaverData\workspace6\General folder.

If you want to share these with other users you can share your project in DBeaver to git (Project View). Right click on your project and "Team -> Share".

Edit: wow 5 typos in one short post - I'm ready for the weekend

View solution in original post

Team Exasol
Team Exasol

You have to define foreign keys, otherwise DBeaver won't be able to identify the relations = connections between the tables. That is independent of the data type used.

7 REPLIES 7

SQL-Fighter

Hi guys, 

Thank you very much for your quick replies.

I wonder how to create the "Diagrams" folder? 

Further, the ER Diagram does not automatically connect the selected tables. 

I ask myself whether this is caused by the fact that there are not any hash keys in the tables, but only regular ids.

Best

Moritz 

Xpert

I wonder how to create the "Diagrams" folder? 

I'm not quite sure what you mean.

You already have this folder in your DBeaver settings and the file Test.erd is in there.

If you mean how to create subfolders -> right click and select create

Charlie_2-1598017486323.png

SQL-Fighter

Hey thanks for your message again! I am asking for a colleague who also wants to create this folder. 

Do you know how to create this particular folder by any chance?

Best

Moritz

Xpert

Either by saving a diagram or by creating the folder %APPDATA%\DBeaverData\workspace6\General\Diagrams

Team Exasol
Team Exasol

You have to define foreign keys, otherwise DBeaver won't be able to identify the relations = connections between the tables. That is independent of the data type used.

Xpert

You can't. This is nothing in Exasol but in DBeaver.

The ER Diagrams are simple files in the %APPDATA%\DBeaver\DBeaverData\workspace6\General folder.

If you want to share these with other users you can share your project in DBeaver to git (Project View). Right click on your project and "Team -> Share".

Edit: wow 5 typos in one short post - I'm ready for the weekend

Team Exasol
Team Exasol

Hi Moritz,

The folders you see here are not objects stored in the database, but local DBeaver assets (including also the ER diagrams or the scripts). As DBeaver is also not a client-server application, only people who have access to your computer and your lcoal account on your computer can see these things.

Hope this helps!

Carsten