Grafana Plugin for Exasol

luchughes
Contributor

Hi all,

Does a Grafana Exasol data source plugin exist anywhere? And if not are there any plans for one to be developed by Exasol?

It would be very helpful for some live reporting projects!

Thanks,

Luc

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

exa-Chris
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Luc,
I got feedback internally. There is currently no immediate plan to build a connector and the way as described above by Joep would be the solution the currently would go for. May be its an Idea to put the request also in our Ideas Portal: https://community.exasol.com/t5/ideas/idb-p/Idea this way we can collect more feedback and influence the product.
Sorry for not coming back with a better answer so far.
Rgds

Christian

Connecting Customers, Partners, Prospects and Exasolians is my passion. Apart from that I cycle, listen to music, and try to understand what all those technical discussions really mean...

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

exa-Chris
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Luc,
I got feedback internally. There is currently no immediate plan to build a connector and the way as described above by Joep would be the solution the currently would go for. May be its an Idea to put the request also in our Ideas Portal: https://community.exasol.com/t5/ideas/idb-p/Idea this way we can collect more feedback and influence the product.
Sorry for not coming back with a better answer so far.
Rgds

Christian

Connecting Customers, Partners, Prospects and Exasolians is my passion. Apart from that I cycle, listen to music, and try to understand what all those technical discussions really mean...

View solution in original post

luchughes
Contributor

Hi Chris, thanks for pursuing this - Unfortunately Joep's solution wouldn't work for our use case. I have requested it as a feature!

Luc

exa-Chris
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Luc,
I have nudged @exa-Marcel internally to see what we currently do. But when I remember their presentation at the last Dutch Usergroup right, @AnielNarain and @Joep from Bluemine are using Grafana on top of Exasol to monitor stuff. Let me poke them.

Christian

Joep
Padawan

Hi Chris,

What we're currently doing is we're using Apache Nifi to watch the EXA_MONITOR_LAST_DAY table. This is then loaded into InfluxDB through telegraf, which we can then visualize using grafana (this might seem a bit convoluted but we're using the telegraf/InfluxDB/Grafana stack for most of our monitoring).

I imagine Luc is interested in running Grafana directly on Exasol, which would allow grafana to use the power of Exasol for its visualizations. I don't know of any plugin that would allow you to do this.

exa-Chris
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Luc, Graphana rings a bell, let me ask around. Rgds Christian

luchughes
Contributor

Hi Chris, did you turn up anything?

Thanks

luchughes
Contributor

Thanks Christian!