Error with retail_mini.sql

andys
Contributor

I'm getting the following errors with retail_mini.sql. Is this a known issue?

Thanks

andys_0-1604054533163.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

andys
Contributor

Thanks for everyone's replies. This issue was sorted by upgrading to Oracle Virtual Box 6.1.16. 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

mwellbro
Xpert

Hi @andys ,

are you sure your column separator matches what is expected ?

Cheers,
Malte

andys
Contributor

Hi Malte, Yes, If I just load one row it's fine. The files are provided by Exasol so they need to search through and find the issue. They provide it with their course so it should work.

exa-Uwe

Hi Andy,

just checked that once again: The script works just fine for me.

I'm using this file: https://drive.exasol.com/f/56f59c7f88064acca1d7/?dl=1

Given that it's one of the most often used hands-on labs in our courses - the RETAIL schema is used by almost all of them - it would have been very surprising otherwise.

Please make sure you have the correct path specified for your local folder to all the CSV files you import from - that's the only thing that could be wrong I guess.

Best regards

Uwe

mwellbro
Xpert

Strange...I guess you didn´t opened the file and "re-saved" so CHARSET is hopefully not an issue ?
Perhaps check the row in question as indicated in the error to see if there is actually not "strange characters" involved.

When I took the test, it worked - but of course that´s not going to help you 😉

andys
Contributor

Thank you for your replies but I don't think it's anything to do with the scripts. I haven't resaved any of them and the paths are correct.

If you look at the error message it's saying that there is a socket write error. I assume there is some sort of timeout occurring with the bigger files whilst writing to the database.

mwellbro
Xpert

But that wouldn´t match up with what´s in the error text before the socket write - in both cases the number of columns found does not match number of columns expected.
Just for fun, could you upload the data as .gz in a follow-up post ?

mwellbro
Xpert

also: if I see correctly the encoding you are using in DBViz is Windows-1252 - not to firm on that particular tool, but maybe try to set it to utf-8 ? It´s a bit of a long shot but just tossing around ideas since it works when I download and import it ( using exaplus ).

andys
Contributor

Thanks for everyone's replies. This issue was sorted by upgrading to Oracle Virtual Box 6.1.16. 

View solution in original post