DBVisualizer 12.0

exa-Nico
Community Manager
Community Manager

Happy Monday everyone! I woke up this morning to DBVisualizer telling me to update to version 12.0, and it has a really useful feature. Now in 12.0, DBVisualizer is able to understand scripts without having to put --/ in front of them anymore. 

Before, the following script needed to have a --/ in front of it:

CREATE OR REPLACE LUA SCRIPT TEST.DUMMY_SCRIPT() RETURNS ROWCOUNT AS
client = query([[Select CLIENT from EXA_USER_SESSIONS_LAST_DAY where SESSION_ID = CURRENT_SESSION]])

query([[Open Schema ::v;]], {v=client[1][1]})

/

If you try to run this directly, you will get an error message that there is a syntax error due to the semi-colon in the script. However, this was fixed in 12.0! 

You can update to the latest version and click this checkbox under Tools -> Tool Properties -> SQL Commander -> Statement Delimiters.

Screenshot 2021-01-25 094650.png

Now the script will run fine without any syntax errors! They also refreshed their UI to look more modern. Anyway, you can check out what's new on their website. This is not an ad for DBVisualizer, but for those who are using it, it's a nice feature to have 😁

Sports Enthusiast. Database Guy. Member of Team Exasol.
Having trouble? Just let me know!

Please Give Kudos if you find this post useful and also mark this as Accepted Solution if this is the required solution
0 REPLIES 0