CI/CD sqitch - 7.1.0 exasol broken - help wanted

torsten
Contributor

For the CI/CD deployment we love to use sqitch.

Unfortunately there is a bug in the current perl implementation - because the exaplus command line is not properly configured to use SSLCertificate attributes introduced in 7.1.0 exasol version.

Questions is whether somebody is able to program in Perl and could try to solve this - as I am afraid it would take me quite long to fix:

https://github.com/sqitchers/sqitch/issues/588

Thanks for any help and best regards, Torsten

4 REPLIES 4

mwellbro
Xpert

Hi Torsten,

just one quick question ( don´t know my way around pearl )  :

"Using URI with fingerprint after hostname" => could you share the format in which the hostname was passed ?

From what I can see at a glance in the pearl code this seems to be constructed "on the fly" , does the resulting connect string look something like:

mwellbro_0-1629888175052.png

Alternatively you might squeeze the "-jdbcparam validateservercertificate=0" into the exaplus call ?
( see https://www.exasol.com/support/browse/EXASOL-2936 for where I got the syntax from ).

Just some ideas, hope this helps.

Cheers,
Malte

torsten
Contributor

Yes - that could be a solution - I will check that out. But really my main problem is I would hardly now how to change the perl code - but the url is provided as you described in your answer.

Cheers, Torsten

PeterK
Xpert

@torsten - I think the change would be in lines 71-79: 

push @ret => (
            '-q',                       # Quiet mode
            '-L',                       # Don't prompt if login fails, just exit
            '-pipe',                    # Enable piping of scripts to 'exaplus'
            '-x',                       # Stop in case of errors
            '-autoCompletion' => 'OFF',
            '-encoding' => 'UTF8',
            '-autocommit' => 'OFF',
            '-jdbcparam'  => 'validateservercertificate=0',
        );

exa-MathiasHo
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @torsten

Did you have time to re-visit this issue again? Let us know if the provided answers of Peter or Malte solved it.

Best regards,
Mathias