can't remove/install odbc driver

AMM
Padawan

Hi,

I have a big problem! I tried to install another version of the ODBC driver for Exasol. During the installation I got the error message, "there is a problem with this windows installer package. A program run as a part of the setup did not finish as expected". And now  I can't remove this driver anymore. And the driver does not work. How can I remove it?
I had previously installed version 7 of the ODBC driver and wanted to go back to version 6. I had uninstalled the 7 before.

Do you have any ideas? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

exa-MichaelT
Team Exasol
Team Exasol

Hello, if the installation is broken it may not be possible to remove it form the windows control panel. You can try a "remover tool" like this https://crystalidea.com/de/uninstall-tool
For me this worked once some years ago as i broke my installation to. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

exa-MathiasHo
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @AMM

Welcome to the community. Let me check internally who might know the answer to that.

Just so you know, this might take some time but we will get back to you!

Best regards,
Mathias

exa-FlorianT
Team Exasol
Team Exasol

Hello AMM,
in order to find the right contact for you, we need to understand your problem better. Can you please tell me which FILE (including the download path) you would like to install? And what operating system do you use? How did you removed the old driver and what is the difference to removing the new one?

Kind regards,
Florian

AMM
Padawan

Hi Florian,

my colleague is dba and he has downloaded these files. So, I can't tell you hte download path. The colleague is now unfortunately 3 weeks on vacation.

Due to problems with our ELT tool, I wanted to replace the driver with the No. 7 with a 6 version.
These are the names of the files:
     EXASOL_ODBC-7.0.0-x86.msi  
     EXASOL_ODBC-7.0.0-x86_64.msi
were on it. I uninstalled them and installed this one:
     EXASOL_ODBC-6.1.4-x86_64.msi
But during the installation there was an error message and now I can't uninstall it either.

Is it possible to remove the driver from the machine (Windows Server 2016)

Br Angela

exa-MichaelT
Team Exasol
Team Exasol

Hello, if the installation is broken it may not be possible to remove it form the windows control panel. You can try a "remover tool" like this https://crystalidea.com/de/uninstall-tool
For me this worked once some years ago as i broke my installation to. 

View solution in original post

AMM
Padawan

Thanks, we removed it and installed again the newest drivers (version 7). 

br Angela