Alternative support log upload options

PeterK
Xpert

Now that many are working from home, uploading large (multi GB) support debug log files to an exasol.com ticket can be difficult (or even impossible) due to slow home network speeds.

I have 5GB (compressed) worth of log files sitting on a Linux box in the office. I tried uploading them directly to the exasol.com ticket using the command line Lynx browser but it appears not to be compatible with JIRA's upload framework (Gives XSRF errors). It would take many hours to download these to my home laptop and then upload them.

It would be great if there were some other way to upload large files to exasol.com directly other than JIRA ticket upload.

Are there other options? Has any one had similar problems?

5 REPLIES 5

Charlie
Xpert

AFAIK you have to split the file into 2 GB chunks.

We have the same issue when we have to provide multiple days our support file gets to sizes of 20 GB.

We use rar with store option and split into 2gb chunks

rar a -m0 -v2G support.rar <exasupportfile>

mwellbro
Xpert
Hi Peter,
I usually work around that problem with a virtual client in the corporate net so the traffic "stays where it belongs" - you don't have citrix or something like that?

Cheers,
Malte

PeterK
Xpert

Hi Malte -

We don't use Citrix but we do have some Windows VMs on the corporate net that could technically work for that (although I'd have to get IS to open up some firewalls). Perhaps that's the best approach. I was hoping for something directly from Linux command line.

Best

Peter

mwellbro
Xpert

Hi @PeterK ,

just because I stumbled upon it while pursuing an entirely different train of thought: maybe you could upload the data through a selenium enabled way ? I.e. put chrome on your linux box, "automate" the necessary login and upload steps -> done ?

Just putting it out here, in case it´ll help 😉 

Cheers,
Malte

PeterK
Xpert

Using selenium ... interesting. I hadn't thought of that. Thanks.